PDP 11 gear finally moved

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Jul 18 03:26:37 CDT 2015

Rich Alderson <RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org> wrote:

> > It is generally a good idea to re-form electrolytic capacitors in power
> > supplies, and to bench check the power supplies (under some kind of
> > load) before actually applying power to the whole unit.
>
> It is always a good idea to replace electrolytic capacitors in power supplies.
> The rest of the advice is sound.
>
>                                                                Rich
>
> Rich Alderson
> Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
> Living Computer Museum
> 2245 1st Avenue S
> Seattle, WA 98134
>
> mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
>
> http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/

Rich,

Can you please clarify if this statement represents the policy of the Living
Computer Museum or is it something more personal?  Perhaps some qualification
or a re-phrasing would be useful as it does not appear to make sense as it
stands?

I think you may have seen or participated in some of the many discussions we
have had on this topic on this list?  In light of these discussions, I find it
hard to see how a categorical statement such as this one could be justified.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.