Reproducing old machines with newer technology (Re: PDP-12 at the RICM)

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Jul 14 18:29:51 CDT 2015

The reason I choose to use VHDL (or Verilog), both of which really *are*
IEEE standards:  future portability and broadness of access across
multiple manufacturer's devices in the future, and compatibility with
logic simulators.

The 1130 is more modern than the machines I am interested in.  While
there are still several 1401's our there in the wild I am aware of no
IBM 1410's anywhere, unless IBM has one squirreled away somewhere.

JRJ