A 'good-enough' H960 |d|i|g|i|t|a|l| PDP11 masthead replica

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Thu Jul 9 14:58:35 CDT 2015

On 09/07/2015 05:00, steven at malikoff.com wrote:
> I need some help from the list, if possible - I would like the
> dimensions of the width and height.

I've uploaded 14 pictures of the masthead to Flickr.  Some of them have
a ruler (metric and imperial) included so you can not only see the shape
but accurate dimensions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pnt103/sets/72157655678560535

overall width 514mm
overall height 106mm
overall depth 57.0mm

distance from top edge to underside of mounting flange 12.7mm

box section width 493mm
box section/logo frame height 93.5mm
box section depth 33.1mm (from the back of the flange to the front of
the box, where the edge is rounded; the logo frmae extends 4.8mm beyond
that, and the )
logo frame width 480mm
coloured logo panel width 472mm
beige border width 4.0mm (all round)
box corner inside radius 9.5mm
depth of recess housing the silkscreen 4.0-4.1mm (it's not quite the
same in all the corners on mine).

The silkscreened logo panel is a separate component, and is a tiny bit
smaller - maybe 0.5mm --  I took a closeup of the bottom left corner to
try to show that.

hozizontal rule thickness 1.75mm (between upper and lower logo secions)
width of ascenders/descenders in "d|i|g|i|t|a|l" logo 3.7mm
   height of "l"  23.6mm
   height of "d" 24.2mm (the bowl descends below the ascender)
line width of boxes in "d|i|g|i|t|a|l" logo 1.75mm
line width in "pdp" logo 1.0mm
width of ascenders/descenders in "digital equip..." logo 1.2mm (1.18-1.21mm)
   height of "l" 7.3mm

Note that there's a comma -- not a full stop (period) -- between
"galway"and "ireland" and I'm sure that's the case for "maynard" and
"massachusetts" too, although it doesn't show well in the TU10 picture.
  I've shown it in closeup in one of mine.

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull