[SPAM key] - Re: How many use old browsers (e.g. =< Netscape 4 or IE 6) as their ONLY source of web content?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jul 3 12:19:35 CDT 2015

On 07/03/2015 11:22 AM, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> I understand that Netscape has been replaced by Mozilla.
> HOWEVER,
> since CHROME seems to be the most widely used, would CHROME
> be able to support the retention of ALL of my old e-mails
> and posts
> from usenet?  Over the past 15 years, I probably have
> accumulated
> over 100,000 e-mails and posts in about 130 folders!  So I
> would like
> an easy upgrade path which supports being able to view and
> modify those
> old e-mails and usenet posts.  Can CHROME support that?
I used to use Netscape long ago.  I moved over the
Thunderbird for mail and newsgroups.
My news server (Giga-News) retains non-binary newsgroups for
over 10 years, and
Thunderbird's sorting would hang up on such huge lists.  So,
I moved newsgroup browsing over to Knode.
Not sure if Knode is available on Windows hosts.

But, I still use Thunderbird for email, and find it works
great.  I have email going back to 1997, and
have imported it from mail reader to mail reader as I
upgraded.  I can use search functions to find old
email addresses and messages, and use the filters to sort
various list messages to the proper folders.

Jon