Wanted: Apple II Plus escape key

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:38:47 CST 2015

I have an Apple II Plus at home with a broken escape key - does anyone
happen to have a basket-case keyboard that they'd be able to salvage one
from for me? There's a little bit of stem left on the keyswitch, so I think
I could possibly make it work with just the keycap, although (assuming the
machine's keyboard even uses individual switches, I've not actually
dismantled to check) I probably wouldn't say no to the associated
keyswitch, too.

It's an ex-school machine, so I wonder if it was broken off intentionally
(i.e. to stop kids quitting out of some software that they weren't supposed
to) - the system's in great cosmetic shape otherwise.

cheers

Jules