Bay Area: IBM 4341 and HP3000

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Fri Jan 9 20:24:36 CST 2015

On 1/9/2015 5:25 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

> On 1/9/2015 10:43 AM, Bob Rosenbloom wrote:
>> I believe these are the same ones advertised a year or so ago.
>> Lyle and I went to see them and found a storage building piled
>> to the ceiling with stuff. It was impossible to see what was actually
>> there, though what could be seen had heavy water damage and
>> looked to be in bad shape. At the time he was asking $5000 for
>> it all so we just walked away. Might be a lot cheaper now.
>>
>> Bob
>>

>> On Friday, January 9, 2015 10:27 AM, Jason T <silent700 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Not mine, not near me, not known to me:
>>>
>>> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/sys/4837367667.html
>>>

> I talked to the owner for quite a while tonight and got some
> information.  He is very interested  in moving it and is sending
> photos.  He said someone is coming to take a look at it  tomorrow in
> Freemont.  I will post the photos he sends me tonight.
>
> I hope someone buys it for other than gold.  I am not set up to
> address this sort of a deal myself, and am passing the info along to
> who may be able to.
>
> I told him about cctalk and ibm vintage lists, so if you are on that,
> that is the secret handshake as far as what I told him, vs. a scrap
> dealer.
>
> Thanks
> Jim

here is an email I got from him with the photos.  He also mentioned an
idea, which is to take over the rent on the locker, so you can close on
ownership now, and move over a longer timeframe than "immediate".

Again, I hope someone gets this for the restoration, and not for making
gold scrap.

Jim

Hi Jim

      Attached is a few pictures for the IBM Mainframe and
the HP 3000 Series III.  I will send you additional information
if interested..     I am enclosing he bill of sale and the
descriptions included as well.  The systems have
been in a warehouse and storage for many years so
they need to be cleaned and restored.  I paid $8500
for the IBM and $9000 for the HP 3000. I have had a
few people who want to scavenge the computers for
parts and I have refused to sell to them, Hope that
you could help me and the computers to sell to a
Collector.

Allen