SIM990/DX10 help?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Sun Jan 4 17:35:29 CST 2015

On 1/4/2015 12:05 PM, Sean Caron wrote:
> Could be? That might throw me... I don't know if there is any contemporary
> software out there that will emulate the TI VDTs... I checked in Procomm
> which is the best I've got for emulating strange terminals and it's got
> nothing.
>
> Best,
>
> Sean

The description says that ansi terminal is required.

I got a response from the emulator.  I have a windows XP running Putty
for my main system.
I was ssh'ed into a linux system running the emulator.  I compiled it
and moved it to /usr/local/bin.

I started with the DX10 system as Sean did.  when you follow the example
(with path set to /usr/local/bin and sim990 there) you get an error as
the simulator cannot find the roms.

I moved copies from the build directory into the dx10 directory, and ran
the emulator again.  I got a good message there.

jws at jws2:~/nas/projects/jws-main/ti990/dx10$ sim990 -msc 12 512K dx10.cfg
TI 990 Simulator 3.0.2: /12 CPU 512K

To connect to the emulator, I used another putty session ssh'ed into the
same linux system.  Once there I used linux telnet to connect to the
emulator.  The ssh session will be an ANSI compatable ssh terminal
emulation.  Running telnet into the same system to port 2000, means that
the session supports ANSI for the terminal.

Once connected, I hit F10 (and then carriage return).  The banner appeared.

I typed the LL to elicit a response.  I The "ERROR, COMMAND..." message
appeared after typing ll (echoed back upper cased) then enter.

Below is what I have so far.  Time to read and see what should actually
work.

Jim

* *
*   DX10 3.7.0 *
* *
*   THIS SYSTEM HAS THE FOLLOWING SUBSYSTEMS
INSTALLED:                        *
* *
*      COBOL 3.5.0               FOCAL 1.0.4  (REQUIRES /12
CPU)               *
*      PASCAL 1.8.0              FORTH
1.0.2                                   *
*      SORTMRG 3.1.0             TXDS FORTRAN
3.1.0                            *
*      BASIC 3.1.0 *
* *
*   THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN PATCHED FOR
Y2K.                                      *
* *