DEC MKA11 and/or M8261/M8163

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:38:55 CST 2015

On Feb 12, 2015 3:24 AM, "Johnny Billquist" <bqt at update.uu.se> wrote:
> I don't think that 11/72 is a valid designation. All documentation I've
read only calls it an 11/74, no matter how many CPUs you have.

Neither is a "valid designation", since neither was orderable. Some
internal DEC documentation on the multiprocessor systems referred to an
11/72, some didn't.  Even for relased products there were often changes in
the designations before release. The marketing people have to appear to be
doing *something* to justify all the money they spend.