It's time to restore the 11/45 - progress!

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 00:22:09 CST 2015

> Hey, thanks for the advice and encouragement, Tony.  With my learning
> style, I'm kind of enamored with online classes these days - my son's
> taking Harvard CS50 (and totally "getting it," at age eleven, btw) and I'm
> awaiting Georgetown's Dante/Purgtatorio, which doesn't start for a while.
> Just did a quick little search on edx.org and found:
>
> https://www.edx.org/course/circuits-electronics-mitx-6-002x-0
> and
> https://www.edx.org/course/electronic-interfaces-bridging-physical-uc-berkeleyx-ee40lx
>
> Do you think either of those would be a good start?  One better than the
> other?  Or should I really just be shopping books?

I have never done an on-line course, and have generally learnt more from
books than lectures, but that is probably just a personal thing -- how I
am.

Of tbe 2 courses you mention, the first sound a lot more relevant for repairing
classic computers, but it may not go far enough. It can't hurt to take it, though.

I would look at books _as well_. The more sources of information the better ;-)

-tony