What is this Concurrent Computer Corporation machine?

Pontus pontus at update.uu.se
Fri Feb 6 17:14:00 CST 2015

Hi

My employer has over the years ported our main product to more platforms
than I can count. I took inventory of our storage the other day and one
machine has left me clueless: The Concurrent Computer Corporation machine:

http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/jobb_vind/DSC_0081.thumb.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/jobb_vind/DSC_0082.thumb.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/jobb_vind/DSC_0083.thumb.jpg

As you see it is one rack with a medium sized computer in it. From the
internet and co-workers I've learned that it has either a MIPS or 68k
processor and runs a unix version called RTU, for Real Time Unix. CCC
was initially Interdata, later Perkin Elmer and then spun off into CCC.

Has any cctalk-reader experience with this system? Anything would be
interesting to learn.

This machine might become available in one way or another later this
year. And since I believe it was made in Brittain I've pondered asking
TNMOC if they want it.

Finally, check the content of the directory above for some more Unix
history.

Kind Regards,
Pontus.