Xerox 4050/4090 print controllers

Shaun Halstead microfilm at microfilm.kscoxmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:43:34 CST 2015

  I'm doing some cleaning and purging around my shop, and I have a collection of Xerox 4050 and 4090
printers and parts, plus the controllers for these beasts.  Is there any interest at all in this
equipment?  I have to get rid of it, soon, but don't want to simply scrap it if there's someone
interested in such niche equipment.
  The CPU itself is a DJC11, 11/70 on a chip.  Other peripherals include a Bus & Tag online
interface boardset, graphics processor options (I have one seat of each of the two different options
that exist, but the system can only handle one at a time), memory boards, FDDC2 floppy controller
(contains an Intel 8086, plus a set of Western Digital chips), a board dedicated to print controller
to print engine communications, a hard disk interface (up to four MFM disks, in pairs.  Originally
had two Fujitsu 56MB disks, later replaced with Seagate drives).  The terminal for the system is
either a Lear-Siegler ADM-3A, or a Link Technologies terminal in ADM-3A mode, both with minor
keyboard modifications. (I have several of these terminals on hand.)

  Barring interest here, the whole lot will be salvaged and the chips sold off.  Keep in mind, this
stuff is big.  The individual interface boards are slightly larger than a hex-height Unibus board.
The card cage for the system is about 24" wide, 18" deep, and 30" tall.  The complete controller
cabinet, with 9T tape drive, is over 5 feet tall, 3 feet wide, and 2 feet deep.
  I also have other equipment and supplies (8" and 5.25" floppies, new in sealed packages, for
example) to move.  Everything is located in Wichita, Kansas.

--Shaun
   Microfilm Services, Inc.