The KGB, the Computer, and Me

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 30 23:01:25 CST 2015

I just saw it on youtube. Cool story. It was shocking how unprepared
the CIA and FBI was. I hope they are more on there toes today.
Computer security as we do it today is truly flawed.
I doubt it has gotten much better since then.
If you restrict information too much it is like a blockade to
progress. If you open it up too much, it is like a free for all.
Most of the industrial espionage is discovered after the fact,
usually months after it has be done.
One wonders how much goes undetected.
Most of those getting caught are in upper management. Us
lowly grunts don't seem to get involved as often or maybe
there are those among us that are just that much better at
covering our tracks.
Dwight