New Commodore 64 is Finally Here--For Real! PC MAG Snip

Mike tulsamike3434 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 04:47:37 CST 2015

Would you buy the new Commodore 64 ? ? ?

>From PC-World

"

The new Commodore 64 <http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx> is,
like the old 64, an entire system inside a (rather thick) keyboard. The
old Commodore 64
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/195094/ccs64_turns_your_pc_into_a_commodore_64.html>
originally cost $595 and featured an MOS Technology 6510
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technology_6510> microprocessor, an
impressive 64KB of RAM, and VIC-II
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technology_VIC-II> graphics that
supported a screen resolution of 320 by 200 pixels.

The new system, which also starts at $595, is a little more modern: it's
got a Dual Core 525 Atom processor, an Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset, 2GB
of RAM (upgradeable to 4GB), a 160GB hard drive, and built-in Wi-Fi. On
the left side of the keyboard there's a slot or tray-load DVD
(upgradeable to Blu-ray), and on the right side there's a multi-format
card reader, along with a USB 2.0 port. The rear features four
additional USB 2.0 ports; mouse and keyboard PS/2 ports; DVI, VGA, and
HDMI ports; Ethernet; and support for 6-channel HD audio. It runs Linux,
but you can install Windows if you like.

Pretty cool for a computer that looks like it's from the 80's. Of
course, if you just want the look--and you want to throw your own stuff
inside--you can also order the "Barebones" package on the new Commodore
64 Website. The Barebones package costs $250 and gets you the case,
chassis, keyboard, and multi-format card reader with USB 2.0 port. On
the other hand, if you'd like to go all out, there's also an $895
"Ultimate" package that includes a Blu-ray drive and a 1TB hard drive.

The new Commodore 64 begins shipping at the end of this month, but you
can order yours now
<http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64Select.aspx>--go get your BASIC
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_BASIC> on!  "

I myself am going to buy one just for a collector sake. The new
Commodore phone seemes to be selling like hotcakes from the research I
have done on it. There is also a switch in the back to boot the original
C-64 I think It will be a fun computer to 0wn.

What are your thoughts I will be wait a year or so because 545.00 is a
bit much for me to spend on it but anyway Like I said what are your
thoughts on it Ill post a youtube link below with the newC-64 review...

 Video Link here -------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Lo9Q0RiX0