VAX 4000-500 PSU Overload?

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Sun Dec 27 03:42:50 CST 2015

Robert Jarratt wrote:

> [...]

No, I've changed all smaller electrolytics, the big brown 6800µF and the
big filter caps after the rectifiers remained untouched.

The bigger caps  aren't loaded that much in relation to ther volumina
with pulsed currents as the smaller ones and the se works better on big ones.
The ability to dissipiate heat is also better for big capacitors and that's
the cause that they are still wet internally and therefore still working.

Regards,
Holm

  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741