disassembling Western Digital microcode (PDP-11, WD16, Pascal Microengine)

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 03:37:03 CST 2015

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 2:31 AM, Rob Doyle <radioengr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure that this is any help, but...
> The DEC "micro.exe" microassembler was also used to build the KS10
> microcode. The source code and executable is available on tape from:

Thanks. I've used that one before, but despite the name it's an
entirely different one from the one used on RT11 for the LSI-11. They
aren't even similar.

I'll most likely write a microassembler for the CP16xx/WD21xx chipset
in Python at some point.

For another project, I'm working on a Python implementation of the
AMDASM microassembler, which was commonly used for designs based on
the Am2901, Am2903, and Am29203, though it wasn't really in any way
specific to those parts.