HP 16702A logic analyzer failed Ethernet (was Re: dumping Western Digital Microms)

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 18:59:44 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:

>> (One thing that is interesting on the 16700 CPU board are an
>> MP9914FNL, 75ALS160, 75ALS164, and an unused 24-pin connector. I
>> wonder if there is GPIB capability hidden in the system.)
>
> Are those chips actually loaded? Maybe they used them for manufacturing test?

Yep, they're present on every board I've seen. They're in the upper
right hand corner on the bottom of the main CPU board in these
pictures, next to the N82503 Dual Serial Transceiver.

16700A Logic Analyzer Circuit Boards (Two Fan Version)
https://goo.gl/photos/v9XK2Grc1aCaHGS3A

16700A Logic Analyzer Circuit Boards (Three Fan Version)
https://goo.gl/photos/ZTDG9VgBvrvJocaQA

16700B Logic Analyzer Circuit Boards
https://goo.gl/photos/JLTTGy6yDPngDKqF6