dumping Western Digital Microms (PDP-11, WD16, Pascal Microengine)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Dec 21 14:18:00 CST 2015

    > From: Eric Smith

    > The control chip and data chip are not Microms, and MUST be plugged
    > into the correct socket.

Yeah, as you saw, I eventually figured that out.

In part, along with the bad diagram, I was thrown by a combo of the fact that
i) the DEC part numbers for the control chip started with 23- (which seems to
be a ROM part indicator), unlike the data chip, which as a 21-1; and second,
the control chip is 23-002C4/23-003C4, which was so close to uROM numbers
like 23-002B5 and 23-003B3, it sounded like they were all uROM parts.

    > There are a number of variants.

Thanks for all the additional data. I'll add it all to the LSI-11 page on the
he Computer History Wiki (seems as good a place as any to accumulate it).

	Noel