Precision Instruments PI1200 7 track tape drive, interest anyone?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 01:50:05 CST 2015

We have this Precision Instruments PI1200 7 track tape drive. It can do 200
bpi, 556 bpi and 800 bpi. It should be an incremental type tape drive.

Once upon a time (read seventies) it was used for experiments storing PCM
audio on tape. But has since then not been used. The manual is somewhere
nearby, but I didn't find it immediately.

http://i.imgur.com/kYVLN9O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LsWcLL0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1LJLKAZ.jpg

I guess that someone that need to recover old 7 track tapes might think it
can be useful.

It is located in Sweden.

/Mattis