IDE knowledge anyone?

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Sat Dec 12 17:38:13 CST 2015

Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 12/12/2015 12:23 PM, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
>
>> http://files.pofo.de/20151212_212051.jpg
>> http://files.pofo.de/20151212_212105.jpg
>>
>> I also have newer Caviars 26400 and 23200 which are working fine.
>>

> Nope--green line and the PCB doesn't look like yours.  I have an
> orange 22500 and that, again, uses a different PCB.  Most of my
> other drives in this storage range are Maxtors and Seagates.
>
> BTW, are you using the IDE interrupt to determine the transition
> between command and data phases?

No, I'm only polling the regular status register. The Interrupt pins
are not connected. My application is single threaded anyway so polling
is fine for me - I would wait anyhow until the interrupt occured.

I once tried to switch to the alternate status register once completly,
but under some circumstances I'm getting not the expected data out of
it.