11/73 into 11/03 chassis?

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 22:19:21 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
> wrote:

> Having spent many hours fixing my own H7864, and finally succeeding, I am
> interested to know what kind of failure you had. Filter caps often go on
> these, are easily replaceable and don't stop it working. The recent fault I
> am referring to was a failure of the main switching transistor on the
> primary side, leading to total deadness, but replacing two parts brought it
> back to life.

Rob,
    Yeah, I'd actually really like to save this Micro 11's power supply but
I'm so bad at electronics that I feel hopeless trying.  It'd be really
good, though, because I could then just neatly slide the micro into the big
cab when I feel like having it connected to all the other stuff, or keep it
in its little deskside cabinet for typical day-to-day stuff.  It has to
stay very neat and presentable because these machines are actually part of
the decor of our den (and with my better half's enthusiastic approval,
which I realise is quite amazing of itself and don't want to blow)!

    Did you keep notes on how you ascertained what to replace?  Or can you
summarize in a step by step way that an amateur would be able to follow?
The whole of my electronics tooling consists of some soldering stuff and a
multimeter.

tia!
jake