Looking for a PERQ

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:26:13 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:11 AM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > The Kriz tablet definitely existed, I have half of one (it's the "mouse"
> > portion, it basically looks like a Hawley mouse without the ball).  The
> > device is supported in the Z80 code, PERQ microcode and POS software.
>
> Are you thinking of the PERQ 2 version that had a synchronous serial
> interface? That
> certainly exists (in both landscape and portrait versions)?

It's possible -- I don't have the "tablet" portion of it, just the mouse.
The cable has that odd locking connector that the PERQ-1 uses, so I assumed
it was for a -1.  But I may be mistaken.

At any rate, the POS D.6 code (for the PERQ-1 with associated Z80 code)
supports the device, so I assume it existed in some physical form even if
it never saw use outside of 3RCC :).

- Josh