TU-58

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 11:32:06 CST 2015

> Hi
>      Well it certainly works for you Rik.
> I dont speak Dutch and its not clear exactly which of the products you
> refer to.
> The end of hub appears to have been turned on a lathe.
> So if you speak Dutch and have a nice big lathe in your shed you can fix
> your TU58

Surely you don't need a big lathe. A small lathe, a Unimat,
a Taig/Peatol, etc would be easily big enough to make hubs for the TU58.

I hate to say it, but IMHO if you are restoring a classic computer which needs
significant mechanical work (drive rollers, pulleys, spacers, tapped bushes, etc)
then access to an engineer's lathe (and the ability to use it) is almost essential.

-tony