Fabritek MP-12 Loader

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:47:43 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:41 AM, William Donzelli <wdonzelli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Do you mean the seven segment displays on the paper tape reader?

That's correct. There are seven 7-segment displays on the front, with 6
grouped together. It should make for a nice clock. :) You can even add a
Sonalert to the output for an alarm, and have a 7-day calendar stored with
alarms updated with paper tape! Okay...I surely don't have that much free
time.

So if you jam the PROMs output to 7777 for any address, you can get to
> all the core (and make the machine useful)?

Or you can just remove the PROMs altogether. There's sockets for a total of
2k of PROM. Only 512 bytes are populated in these, though.

> The source for the PROM may be with that CD I gave to Al.

I asked Al a while back, and he seemed to indicate that everything you gave
him is up on bitsavers already, which appears to just be the manual. If
there is more information out there, that would surely help us.

Kyle