MEM11 Status Update

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Aug 31 12:21:01 CDT 2015

On 8/31/15 10:05 AM, js at cimmeri.com wrote:

> On 8/30/2015 1:08 AM, Guy Sotomayor wrote:
>> The MEM11 is a multi-function memory board for Unibus based PDP-11
>> computers.  It contains:
>>
>>  * 128KW memory
>>  * Emulates console ROM & boot ROMs
>>  * 2 SLUs (DL11s)
>>  * KW11K
>>  * KW11P
>>  * KW11L
>>  * KW11W
>>  * RF11 (emulating up to 8 RS11 disks)
>>  * KE11
>
> Guy,
>
>   Fascinating and great work (not that I understand more than a bare
> minimum).
>
>   Is this board something that will work with the PDP-11/05?  The
> 11/05 has a built-in console SLU which I'm not sure whether can be
> disabled or not.

It should work (famous last words!) in any Unibus based PDP-11.

Any of the devices can be configured enabled/disabled and as to what the
based address
is (this includes the memory...if you want to use the memory to "fill
in" the remainder, it
can do that too).  There is space for 32 boot ROM images, of which you
can select any 4
to appear in the Unibus address space.

So, that was a long answer to if (for example) on the 11/05 you want to
retain the built
in console SLU, you can do that and either have 2 additional SLUs, (or 1
or none).

TTFN - Guy