A tale of woe, including carelessness, stupidity and laziness....

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:51:00 CDT 2015

Whether low-impedance voltage sources are present, or not, you should
+never+ wear any kind of hand / wrist jewelry when working with moving
parts. Ditto for neck chains and long hair, that isn't securely tied back.

Seems like First Grade instruction for the tech, but accidents still
happen.. every day.

Remember that most injuries associated with electric shock are secondary -
that is, the real damage often occurs when the individual recoils from the
shock, jamming their hands into even worse places in the equipment - like
rotating assemblies. And then there's the innocent guy behind you, who gets
knocked into his equipment, when you jump back.