HP 5480A, or, obscure HP instruments / was Re: More on manuals plus rescue

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sat Aug 22 09:23:06 CDT 2015

On 8/22/2015 8:14 AM, Tothwolf wrote:

> It only helps a little though and when eBay eliminated wildcard matching
> awhile back, they also reduced the maximum query length. What I /really/
> don't like about eBay's current search system, is how it substitutes
> keywords internally. If I search for "Compaq", I don't want results for
> "HP", and likewise if I search for "HP", I don't want results for
> "Compaq"...

There is a lot that eBay gets wrong.  The opportunity available to them
is enormous, but they just don't grasp it.  PayPal made making money
easy enough that eBay got left by the wayside.  Maybe now things can get
better - because if they don't they may not survive.  Posting something
directly online is tortuous, terribly confusing for newbies, and using
their "TurboLister" isn't much better.

JRJ