More on manuals plus rescue

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Tue Aug 18 11:09:23 CDT 2015

I agree, you really just have to try and run a test through with a
representative page from the document with fine detail and see how it comes
out ... I have found that even fairly fine detail reproduces okay with a
300 DPI scan ... there's no need in scanning with extraneous bit depth and
then you start to get people complaining about file sizes :O

Best,

Sean