Booting an IBM MP 3000 S/390 System

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Mon Aug 10 14:55:13 CDT 2015

Guy,

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 11:20:42PM -0700, Guy Sotomayor wrote:

> I spent some time today and made a video of my MP 3000 system booting up
> to z/OS.  The video is here: http://youtu.be/WnJmeQR0GQU.

Sadly I'll have to wait until I get home to watch it.  YouTube is blocked
where I work.  I suspect I'll be experiencing extreme envy as I watch it.
The closest I have is Hercules running the OSes freely available to
hobbyists.  Just one thing - one doesn't boot z/OS, one IPL's z/OS.  :-)

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.