DEC RX02-PA?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Sun Aug 9 12:14:29 CDT 2015

DEC did sell a version of the BA23 that was intended to be used just as an
expansion peripherals cabinet. You shouldn't have any problems putting HH
devices in BA23 bays (so long as you have the appropriate interfaces to
drive them) but you may need i.e. 3.5" to 5.25" bracket to attach to the
BA23 sleds, and you'll have (cosmetic) blank space on top after putting a
HH device in a FH bay. I imagine you'd have to make a special bracket to
mount a TZ30/RX33 over-under in one of the 5.25" bays in the BA23 but it
could certainly be done ... No such factory configuration exists AFAIK... I
think the BA23 was fairly superseded by the S-box when those peripherals
hit the market.

Best,

Sean