Unusual stuff inside computers

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 2 17:42:51 CDT 2015

One of my first jobs at DEC was on terminal sales.
The LA36  printing terminal had the logic and PSU cards mounted in the
plinth.
The logic card was on the back of the pull down door and the PSU inside.

So easy to service it wasn't true. This compartment  was quite roomy
and  inside
fresh ones just arrived you would find all kinds of stuff:

     Wrapped food of all kinds
     Bibles
     Copies of the Boston Globe
     Cigarette packets (full and partly full)
     Assorted screwdrivers
     Spanners
     Loose change
     A note saying "meet me at the rusty  scupper" (local bar)

        Rod