M9301-YB Bootstrap/Terminator ROM dumps / listings?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Apr 30 10:06:20 CDT 2015

    > From: Jorg Hoppe

    >> Here's what I have so far:
    >>    http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/M9301-YA.mac

    > Thanks for that effort!

Eh, de nada. Interesting and educational.

    > The M9312 code should be similar, at least it may expose some ideas

Some parts of it (e.g. the CPU diagnostic) are mostly identical (and the
comments there, particularly on the single-op register instructions, are
useful to total understanding of that code in the M9301); but alas, I had
already done that part of the M9301 (at least, at a surface level)!

Much of the M9312 (including the functionality of most of what I had yet to
read in the M9301) was quite different. I did manage to get the 'print
number' code out of it, but that was pretty much it.

So I've done a lot of the remaining M9301-YA code (new version uploaded to
location above); not the per-device code, I'll probably blow that off, but
other than that, only a few tiny sections remain to be understood.

Can someone with a M9301-YA please verify for me that location 165450
contains 0770? I think that perhaps that is wrong, because the code makes no
sense if that's correct - maybe a bit has been dropped, or something?

And if anyone has a good M9301-YB, I would appreciate a dump. (I do have one,
but don't - yet - have a running UNIBUS -11 to plug it into.)

    > From: Don North

    > I've had two DL11-W in my 11/34A BA11-K box for years and have never
    > had an LTC issue. I suppose if you had a a larger number (say four or
    > more) you might possibly see an LTC issue

Hey, all I know is what's in the manual (which Josh posted). :-)

I'd forgotten there was a jumper you could pull - I tend not to like to do
things like that as it makes the cards non-pull-and-plug interchangeable. Hence
my suggestion to 'just use an M7800'.

	Noel