Saving my Mac SE/30. My first foray into SMD work

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:06:24 CDT 2015

FWIW the NeXTcube has the same shoddy SMT can caps, but last time I gave it a peek to see if they were actually leaking, they were not- whereas all the cans in its contemporaries had spilled electrolyte.

Perhaps a different MFG or SKU of cap?

Pete, were yours actually leaking? Or just the same shoddy type?