IMSAI chassis color/texture...

Bill Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Fri Apr 24 09:50:50 CDT 2015

Al Kossow wrote
> On 4/24/15 1:22 AM, Philip Lord wrote:
> > https://365pantone.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/pantone-7690/
> >

> It's not the color so much as correctly duplicating the texture.

Exactly.  I'm talking with a couple of local (to me) paint shops.
They all have high tech color scanning and can scan my good chassis
for the color.  The debate over whether the texture was accomplished
by some kind of powder coating or air brushing is the big thing.  The
original documentation talks about "IBM Blue" which is also a pantone
color.  Neither look "right" to me... on my computer screen anyway.
I have not seen an actual paint chip.

Bill S.