Visual Basic Question

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:45:58 CDT 2015

The phrase "standard Windows 16bit DLLs" means Windows 3.1 DLLs. Such DLL's no longer work in a modern windows. If they directly access the hardware then they will not work on any NT based windows such as Windows/2000, Windows/XP, Vista, or 7, 8 or 9. Nor will they work on any 64-Bit windows full stop. 64-Bit windows does not support 16-bit code. If you have a Windows/95, 98 or ME environment then the code may work.

There is information here:-

http://www.tsreader.com/docs/eng-ole.html

on how to call 16-bit DLL's from VB4.

How does the hardware physically interface? Is it a serial or parallel card, or special hardware.

Dave
G4UGM