Altair Turnkey and some DEC stuff cheap

Roe Peterson roeapeterson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 10:46:21 CDT 2015

On Apr 11, 2015, at 8:12 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

>>>  contact blocks and the PCB, to clean it out.
>
> Hi, all, thanks for all the suggestions: alas, they won't really help with
> this part of the problem, since the gap between the PCB and the pin contact
> housing blocks is only about 1mm (less in some cases) and there's no way I
> know of to get any kind of effective brush into a gap that small.

There is a product, can't remember the name.  It's basically dental floss for dentures, and comes in individual strings about 3 inches long with a cleaning tip at one end.

I've used it to clean the individual internal key contacts on an HP25 calculator, going in through a key way for each key after a battery leak with verdigris corrosion. Took a bit of patience, but very effective...