Hand-wired core for ROM?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:04:54 CDT 2015

The paternal side of my family is from the southern Minnesota area and my
dad has told me on more than one occasion that my grandmother for a time
had a job working for Control Data "sewing" core memory by hand... This
would probably have been some time in the 1960s... Obviously I can't verify
the veracity of this firsthand :O but it's been said at least of that stuff
was assembled by hand by human beings, in the US...

Not sure about the core you'll find in your common PDP-11... By that time,
the work might have totally gone overseas?

Best,

Sean