Ebay GT-40 in the Netherlands

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Fri Apr 10 10:58:52 CDT 2015

> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:25:56 -0400
> From: John Wilson <wilson at dbit.com>
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:03:42AM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:
> >I thought that had been done.  I distinctly remember a graphics device
> >emulation that implemented persistence, something I have since applied in
> >another place (Cyber console emulation).  I forgot the author???s name,
> >but I thought it was for SIMH and specifically GT40 emulation.
>
> I too thought SIMH had it.  And E11 certainly does (in all versions except
> Linux -- WLINK still can't do ELF dynlinks, last I checked).  Obviously, the
> lunar lander is the "killer app" for the VT11.
>
> John Wilson
> D Bit

http://www.ultimate.com/phil/xy/

Doug Gwyn made MAJOR contributions to the VT11/VS60 simulation.
It also has "Type 30" support for the PDP-1.
I started (but never finished) "Type 340" support.

Someone was looking at (re)integrating it with modern SIMH.  I'd
encourage anyone who works on this to use some modern display layer
(e.g. SDL), rather than the primative adaptation layer(s) I wrote.

http://www.ultimate.com/phil/xy/cvs.tar.gz
is a checkout of the "latest" files from my CVS repository.

There is also http://www.ultimate.com/phil/xy/kit2.zip
(dated Feb 2004) which includes SIMH from back in the day.

Phil