UK PDP11 wanted

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Thu Apr 9 07:50:07 CDT 2015

Noel Chiappa wrote:

>     > From: Pete Turnbull
>
>     >> Technically, that's an 11/83 CPU...
>
>     > Nope, it's only 15MHz ... and the MSV11-Q memory isn't PMI, so it's an
>     > 11/73.
>
> A discussion as to whether the addition of second board can change a first
> board from an A to a B would I suspect be non-productive, so I will pass over
> that point. :-)
>
> One thing that I am curious about is the 15MHz aspect: what did DEC (if you
> recall) call a 15MHz M8190 paired with PMI memory? (Recalling our prior
> discussion, which I am too lazy to look up and give a pointer to, about how
> all the M8190's can apparently do PMI.) Did they (or would they) have
> regarded that as an 11/83, or did only the 18MHz version get the 11/83
> moniker? (Too many different configurations - 15/18, PMI/non-PMI - and not
> enough names!)
>
> 	Noel

Don't know.
..but I have an ex - 15Mhz M8190 with FPU here, put a newer J11 (-008)
on it, changed the xtal und use it with PMI memory as an 11/83.
Tested it with xxdp,rt11 and 2.11BSD over a long time, no problems at all.

Regards,
Holm
  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741