TRS-80 Model 1 Monitor

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Apr 8 18:04:36 CDT 2015

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Robert Jarratt wrote:
> I have finally managed to get my hands on a TRS-80 Model 1. Trouble is, it
> came without a monitor. I have been doing some searching to see if I can
> find out what kind of monitor it is and I am left unsure. All I have found
> so far is a statement which says it is a TV without a tuner. I am not sure
> what that means. I still have a CRT TV, can that be made to work, or have I
> bought something that I can't use?

Almost any TV that has a "composite video" input.  Or an RF modulator., or
the video in of a VCR.
It is close to being in-spec for RS-170.  OK, it IS "RS-170", if and only
if you interpret that to mean "RADIO SHACK 170" (which is what they once
did with "RS-232".

When I did lectures in Evans-10 at UC, I just cabled straight in to the
wall jack there, to display on half a dozen large overhead monitors.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com