RD54 Stopped Spinning

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Apr 5 11:54:38 CDT 2015

On 04/05/2015 02:55 AM, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> [...]
Do the gate signals not have the wobble?  (Wobble could be
the PWM of the speed control logic, so could be normal.)
If so, then the FET may be bad.  In fact, the FET may be
entirely OPEN, and the waveform you see is coming from the
other two driven phases.

Kind of strange that one gate signal is a smooth ramp, the
others have some wave on the top.
But, the drive probably has a current sense resistor in the
common source leg of the low-side transistors, so that is
feeding some of the current waveform back to the gates.  So,
it may well be the one with the linear ramp on the top
indicates the drain is open.

Jon