RL02K Pack Reliability/Characteristics

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Apr 1 05:02:57 CDT 2015

On 01/04/2015 07:27, E. Groenenberg wrote:
> Could this odd behavior have something to do with the revision of the
> internal RL02 controller board? From what I remember, there a 3 versions
> of this board.

Indeed, but the earliest (54-12175) only works on an RL01 (the second is
54-13531, used on RL02s as well), and the third (54-14025) has (at
least) three variations I've seen.  One is used for drives with brushes,
those modified to Rev. K1 and L1 have have obvious mods to deal with the
lack of brushes and take a while to bring a pack ready after pressing
load, and the later variations have no visible wired mods and bring the
pack ready much more quickly.

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull