Apple IIe/GBBSPro v1.3/MSS100 help

Simon Claessen simski at dds.nl
Thu Nov 27 04:53:39 CST 2014

I would like to suggest connecting the modem to another computer to
eliminate the modem from the faultlist.it could be that the send side of
the super serial card is working, but the receive side is broken

On 27-11-14 01:53, Kevin Reynolds wrote:
> Hey guys,I've been working on trying to get an internet based BBS setup on my apple IIe.I have GBBSPro 1.3 running on the IIe using a super serial card in slot 2, switched to run at 2400BPS.  I have the modem set to external, and the modem type is "Hayes Smartmodem 2400".I am using a straight through 25M-25F between the MSS100 and the super serial card.  The ssc selector block is pointing to "terminal".  There is no null modem in the setup.The MSS100 is accepting remote connections, and the serial port is also at 2400BPS N81.  The settings for Access: remote, DSR logout, DTR wait, and Modem Emulation are checked.  I have tried all flow control options and none.When I telnet to the remote access port (2001 or 3001) it connects but immediately disconnects.  Once in a while I see an modem initialization string on the terminal before it closes.    The string is "ATX3S0=1&C1&D2S2=128".  I understand what the init string does, but I'm not sure if its coming from the MSS100 or from the BB
.  During this period, the bbs is just sitting at the "waiting for call" screen.If I turn off DSR logout, I do not get disconnected, but I'm not connected to the bbs.Anyone have any experience with this?  Are there any settings that must be changed?Thanks in advance,Kevin© 2014 MicrosoftTermsPrivacy & cookiesDevelopersEnglish (United States)

--
Met vriendelijke Groet,

Simon Claessen
drukknop.nl