Yay, now I need some Osborne boot media!

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:57:33 CST 2014

@One or two recent posters (...)

Gee whiz guys, I'm not exactly new to this game.. I've been collecting
computer stuff for 20 years and at this point have had to sell more than
I've managed to retain. Yes, there was a time when I had a 486 tower with
one-each of all the various drives - could boot it into DOS, Win or Linux
to handle all sorts of media-related tasks.. likewise, an older Mac that
ran an Apple II hardware emulator which could be used to write media for
all of the older Apple machines.

Both were networked in one way or another. IIRC the Mac had the Asante
SCSI-Ethernet adapter as the lone PDS port carried the Apple emulator. I
still have the Mac stuff somewhere, but the PC tower is long gone..

You know, times and interests change, hobbies wax & wane.. I only got back
into the vintage computing stuff a few months back when I decided it was
finally time to make that Altair work.. that I knew enough to 'bootstrap'
myself into the process, and that I could learn what was needed as I went.
As it turns out, I was correct..

So anyway, don't stress out over this stuff.. newbish as I may be at times,
I'm not exactly flying blind or going off half-cocked all the time. ;-)