Yay, now I need some Osborne boot media!

Peter Coghlan cctech at beyondthepale.ie
Mon Nov 24 06:32:55 CST 2014

>>   As things
>> sit, I don't even have a PC with a 5-1/4" drive installed, if (and that's
>> +if+) it were capable of writing discs for the Osborne format.
>If you have any serious intentions of vintage computer collecting, this
>is a must have.

Isn't "must have" a bit strong?

Maybe I'm more of a vintage computer user than a collector or maybe I'm just
not serious but a VAXstation 2000 and a BBC Micro have managed to cope with
all of my 5-1/4" disk needs so far.  As far as I'm concerned the hobby is
about what can be done without resorting to a PC, not what can be done with
one as a prerequisite or as some kind of fallback to be used for routine tasks.

Now back to the regular religeous war on US vs European power distribution
(which I have strongly held opinions on too but I don't think it's going to
do much good to voice them, especially when each mail seem to be arriving
twice until the list gets back to normal...)

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.