Re; What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 14:53:01 CST 2014

> You were asking about RS-232 for a Teletype; I was thinking, bring the
> mountain to Mohammed (a 20mA interface on the computer), not the other way
> around.

I have this mental image of using a PDP11/05 or similar with DL11 card (there is a
current loop serial inteface on the CPU board set in that machine, so a DL11 for
RS232) as an RS232 interface for a Model 33. It would work, I guess, but
'overkill' ;-)

[Mind you I did once use a PET 8032 to drive an HPIB plotter from an RS232 port.]

-tony