mainframes and other stuff

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:55:18 CST 2014

> I am collecting a list of the brands and models, but so far, very few pics have been sent my way.  Even something from an ad on the internet is fine.  The scrappers are very visual, and a dark brown cabinet will yield lots of results.  Lots of switches and lights is cool, but they don't turn them on (I don't think u want them to), and the $8 sorters barely speak English, and don't know what anything is.  The more visual we can be, the better our chances.

The IBM 3880 is a pretty generic looking late-1970s/1980s box:

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/storage/storage_PH3380A.html

Many interesting IBM look pretty much just like this. The colors may
change, the black control panel may differ, but the ends are almost
always white. Anything that looks like this is probably of interest.

--
Will