Re; What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Nov 21 13:14:45 CST 2014

    > From: drlegendre

    > And one more - how do you differentiate a 20mA current-loop model from
    > a 'standard' RS-232 model?

I believe the Model 37 is the RS-232 Teletype. (Is it based on the 33, or 35?
I don't know.)

If you have a working UNIBUS PDP-11, there are still 20mA serial interfaces
avalable for it. I have a DL11-C (M7800-YA) you can have for what I paid for
it (a song, just about), and someone on eBay has a DZ11-C (M7814) for sale
for cheap; someone else there has the breakout panel for it.

	Noel