11/73 (ba23) bringup after 12 years in deplorable storage conditions

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 23:46:22 CST 2014

  Well, things inside were clean and pretty minimally configured, so, with
all apologies, I jumped the gun and applied power, but I'm afraid the old
girl just didn't survive the twelve years of temperature transients.

  The illuminated ba23 power rocker switch lights up, but that's absolutely
it.  No fans, no familiar power supply squeal, no drive spinup, nothing on
the seven-segment CPU state display on the rear.  Seems thoroughly dead.

  I guess I need to start tearing it down and debugging the power supply as
I recall that it was at least doing more than this before the years of bad
storage.

  So I need to find power supply diagrams and start tracing things out,
right?  Any ideas as to where to begin?