pdp11/93 DB9 rs232 pinout

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Sat Nov 15 14:56:05 CST 2014

On 2014-11-14 17:19, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Roe Peterson
>
>      > Can anyone point me at the pinouts for the KDJ11-E pdp11/93 DB9 rs232
>      > connectors for the extra 7 (simulated) DL11s?
>
> Alas, documentation on the 11/93-94 seems to be very scarce on the ground.
> (And, just for grins, the page in the 11/94 User Guide which has the section -
> 1.2.6 - which talks, however briefly, about that panel - pg. 1-4 - is missing
> from all the online copies of that manual which I checked.)
>
> The only thing I can suggest is that if you actually have the cable, the
> pinout on the board is given in the KDJ11-E User's Guide (EK-KDJ1E-UG-001,
> available online), on pg. 88-91 (aka 2-13 to 2-16), and an ohm-meter and some
> time will give you the pinout of one of the DB9's - presumably they are all
> the same, from there.

PDP-11/9x manuals are not scarce at all. Where do you people search???

11/93:
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1193/EK-KDJ1E-UG-001_KDJ11-E_CPU_Module_Users_Guide_Jan91.pdf
11/94:
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1194/EK-PDP94-MG-001_Sep90.pdf

There you have all the pinouts of connectors and everything you could need.

Oh, and the 9-pin serial ports (all but the console) have 2,3 and Rx/Tx
and 7 i Gnd. Just like in the 25-pin connector. :-)

	Johnny