DECwriter Correspondent (LA12) mechanical issue...

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:37:41 CST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a ton for going through the trouble on this, it's much appreciated.
>
> I'll have to go through mine and see if that clip somehow ended up wedged
> somewhere inside.  Otherwise, I guess it can't be too hard to build a
> replacement.
>
> Thanks again!
> Josh

Just a quick update on this -- I opened the Correspondent up and went
through it with a flashlight and found the clip wedged in a rear corner,
behind some wiring.  It had at some point gotten ripped off the underside
of the carriage (along with most of the plastic post it was screwed to).  I
glued it back into place and the terminal is operating much better now but
still has some issues -- when the carriage reaches either end of the platen
it starts twitching rapidly back and forth and the terminal stops
responding to input.  It sounds like some sort of sensor issue, perhaps the
logic is confused about exactly where the carriage is.  Time to do some
debugging, I suppose :).

Thanks again,
- Josh